AWS is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Data Engineer who is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the Data Warehouse / Data Mart environment for AWS Procurement and Supply Chain.
The successful candidate will be passionate about Data Warehousing Architecture, developing reliable, efficient, and maintainable ETL solutions, obsessed with providing our users with robust information solutions, and will possess an excellent understanding of the tools and support needed by the organization in order to develop these solutions productively.
In this job, you will:
· Build and improve Data Warehouse / Data Mart solution by translating business requirements into robust, scalable, and supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
· Design and Develop Dimensional Data Models to support Data Warehouse Architecture
· Extract and combine data from various heterogeneous data sources; develop new datasets.
· Perform detailed source-system analysis, source-to-target data analysis, and transformation analysis
· Design and build data mappings from multiple source systems to data warehouse, maintaining source data integrity
· Participate in the full development cycle for ETL: design, implementation, validation, documentation, and maintenance
· Validate and test ETL build mappings to meet requirements
· Evolve the Data Warehouse environment within the organization, including better information delivery mechanisms and methodologies
· Work to develop the best technical design and approach for new solution development
· Bachelor or graduate degree in computer science (or related field)
· 7+ years experience in a Data Warehouse environment.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets; Expert level skills in Advanced SQL.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in Python/R.
· Strong understanding of ETL concepts and experience building them with large-scale, complex datasets.
· Dimensional Modeling experience.
· Experience with scripting for automation.
· Excellent verbal & written communication, and documentation skills.
· Experience in cluster based or column based databases
· Experience with AWS Redshift
· Experience with AWS Hammerstone
Apply for the Job