Job Id: 20201029001
Job Role: Senior Manager, Software Development
Experience: 10+ Years
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Not Mentioned
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Amazon Careers Job Vacancies for Senior Manager, Software Development in October 2020:
We’re looking for talented, hands-on Senior Managers who can manage and drive complex programs including high scale services to spearhead Amazon’s investment in the new physical retail store business. Everyone on the team has to opportunity to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. You’ll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains. You’ll define, plan and execute on deliverables to build fault-tolerant, highly available set of tools and services to keep the stores running efficiently. You’ll dig into classic computer science problems for creating optimal supply chain solutions and building innovative solutions for dealing with supply disruptions. You’ll help define and manage the next set of mobile devices that can be used in the physical retail stores to bring new and interesting experiences to our customers.
At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers at all levels. This leader must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. We need technical, detail-oriented leaders who can build and grow organizations. You’ll need to excel at hiring and developing technical talent in the team. You need to be able to grow leaders in your organization and lead a charter that grows as your organization grows. Our services operate at large scale and is critical for ensuring a great customer shopping experience in the physical stores, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. You’ll also need to be willing to share big ideas and execute to deliver the next big innovations at rapid pace. We are tackling problems today that will have a major impact on our future success. If you want to join a fast-paced team that is innovating and making history, this is the place for you.
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 5+ years of experience, managing engineers and managers
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· Demonstrated ownership of software engineering road map and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using Agile/Scrum processes
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Practiced ability to apply API design principles
· Experience with either Android development, mobile device management, full stack development, inventory systems and/or supply chain technologies.
· Experience driving continuous quality improvement initiatives
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role