Job Id: 20201025010
Job Role: Category Manager, Home Improvement
Experience: 4+ Years
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Amazon Careers MBA Job Vacancies for Category Manager in October 2020:
Home Improvement team is seeking a highly motivated Category Manager to join our team and help us delight customers with products that deliver great quality and value. The Category Manager will be primarily responsible for delivering growth, evaluating selection decisions, handling brand relationships, improving customer experience, and managing programs of the private brand business on Amazon.
The candidate will be responsible for setting and implementing the category growth strategy, influencing and driving change across many key stakeholders, improving processes to scale with high business growth and managing vendor and brand relationships. The successful candidate will be a collaborative team player. He/she will be a thoughtful, high-energy, self-starter, with strong business acumen, acute analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems. This individual will thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
Category Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
· Building the category strategy and execution plan
· Identification and Development of relationships with key brand and vendors
· Owning customer experience metrics and data quality
· Identify defects and develop scalable processes to address and accelerate our Private Label business.
· Weekly and monthly tracking of category metrics to monitor goals and diving deep where needed to drive continuous improvement.
· Process development, operational planning to support forecasting and new launches
· Influencing executive decision-makers, helping them to understand the brand, desired product positioning, key points of difference, and target customer.
· Partnering closely with cross functional teams including the Other Hardline category teams, marketing, legal, finance, to deliver on goals.
· Basic Qualifications
· 4+ years of experience in category management or related field
· Experience with a retailer – online or offline
· High attention to detail, comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated data-driven decision making or quantitative analysis skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
· Ability to use hard data and metrics to make and support decisions. High proficiency with Excel
· Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams
· Strong alignment to Amazon’s Leadership Principles
· MBA from a reputed Institute