Job Id: 20201021019
Job Role: Java Support Engineer
Experience: 1+ Years
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Amazon Careers Job Vacancies for Java Support Engineer in October 2020:
We are looking for a Java Support Engineer with Java programming experience and good analytical and communication skills.
· The person in this role must have strong technical knowledge and experience in current software development and knowledge of web technologies.
· This person is required to work in collaboration with program managers and data analytics team to convert a functional requirement into a detailed technical specification, estimate effort and clarify / negotiate / document scope and design.
· A successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
The Loss Prevention team supports our field LP teams through reporting, analytics and operational tools all across Amazon. Our customers are LP teams working in Fulfilment Centres, Logistics and Retail businesses. Our goal is to develop systems, web interfaces, reporting, metrics and analytics that drive investigations, establish trend analysis and build LP supporting web resources and automation.
As a Loss Prevention Engineer your role and responsibilities would be:
· You will learn to use different Amazon technologies to build your software, such as Amazon Web Services, DynomoDB, S3, etc.
· You will have opportunities to deal with big incoming traffic, large variety and volume of data, complicated business logic and high expectation of end user experience.
· You are highly encouraged to build an end-to-end system, meaning that website is only one part, you also need to build the related back-end service and metrics system as well.
· You will be responsible for support and maintenance of existing software solutions and web portals and develop new modules as and when required for feature enhancements.
· In terms of expectations from this role, you have industry-leading technical abilities in the web development space. You demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge in the following disciplines:
· You recognize and adopt best practices in web development engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
· You are an advocate for our customers and the integrity of their experience on our websites.
· You have a working knowledge of UI design principles and are able to apply style guides to new interface use cases. You regularly work in collaboration with UI designers on website interface and interactivity.
· You understand how web applications work, perform and scale. You have superb troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
· This position is ideal for graduates who wants to continuously grow and develop themselves in one of the most progressive companies.
· Successful candidates will embrace our leadership principles: bias for action, invent and simplify, ownership and customer-obsession.
· Work directly with customers to understand problems and resolve requests for feature enhancements (development/build enhancements or improvements)
· Take active part in discussions to estimate effort and clarify / negotiate / document scope and design.
· Help maintain appropriate unit test coverage, code documentation, software structure and supportability.
· Work alongside other technical teams, including engineers, analysts and cross-functional groups
· Own end-to-end architecture of medium to large design projects
· You ensure that all programs comply with Amazon InfoSec standards
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. 1+ years of experience in Software development. Should have 1+ years of experience in Java programming language.
· 1+ years’ experience with root cause and correction of code related bugs, error and other issues. Strong communication skills are required.
· Working knowledge in DI frameworks (Spring etc), ORM frameworks (JPA, Hibernate) will be a plus. Should have experience working with one of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL or another major SQL database. Should understand the basic concepts of SCM and have experience working with one of the SCMs (git, TFS etc). Knowledge of HDFS, Spark and a prior experience in setting up big data environment.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source management, testing, and operations.
· Ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in other geographic locations
· Ability to take calculated risks and challenge current practices to develop and deliver innovative solutions to meet or exceed the customer expectations
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, negotiate, resolve problems, and develop relationships at all levels of the organization
· Interest in Loss Prevention, physical security or investigations