Operation Manager – Vendor flex
Amazon Operations – Amazon Worldwide Operations is the underlying fulfillment and customer service engine that ensures Amazon creates the same consistent, world-class customer experience every time. We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professionals to join our India Operations team.
Join the Operations team as Regional Manager for India External fulfillment network. As Regional Managers you will be responsible for direct people management experience in driving operational performance in a highly metric driven environment. You will also lead many process improvement projects for the site and network both, closely work with multiple stakeholder, drive enhancements in key metrics like Quality, Speed & Cost. One of your key responsibilities will also be development of your team members. You must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly and to travel to seller nodes to launch, set up & monitor operations.
· You will be responsible for all budgetary, people development and operations objectives for one functional area of our Fulfillment Center (Inbound or Outbound). Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of Area Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the Fulfillment Center.
· Leading on from this, you will drive towards greater team efficiency. All throughout achieving this goal, you will balance team’s efforts to improve, with their steadfast commitment to excellent customer service. Together as one unit, you will exceed productivity goals, and ensure that Amazon continues to delight the customer, and exceed expectations wherever possible.
· At the more granular level, you will manage and coordinate staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives and process change initiatives & work towards attaining the Amazon Business Plan. Moreover, each and every day, will develop, encourage and strengthen our strong culture of Health and Safety best practices, alongside participating in cross-functional Process and Business improvement projects elsewhere in the Amazon India Operations.
· You will work closely with cross functions & stakeholder. You should have ability to understand business goals & interpret impact your actions to larger organization. You should have strong influential & negotiation skills to present you point of view & get job done from cross-functions.
· You will measure performance, provides feedback, and holds Area Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments & keep guiding them.
· You required to take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
· You will be responsible for hiring, managing, and developing great talent, identifying individual strengths of team members and actively fostering career advancement within Amazon.com. A Senior Operations Manager translates Amazon.com core business values and initiatives into everyday customer service practices.
· You must demonstrate clear written and oral communication, as well as emotional maturity and grace under pressure.
· You will work closely with support staff (HR Manager, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, S&LP Manager, and Other Sr. Ops. Managers, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in his/her area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
· Surface issues with potential to affect multiple functional areas, along with ideas for solutions, to Sr. Ops, General Manager and / or HR.
· Degree in Engineering from a reputed university
· 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
· Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
· Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality
· Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence operations and business stakeholders
· Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple ops roles such as Seller Operations, Fulfillment Centers, etc.
· Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
· Key areas that you will always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department.
· Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives.
· Support all safety programs to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
· Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
· Excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
· MBA in Operations from a reputed university
· Certification in Lean Manufacturing, Six sigma etc. is a plus
· Prior experience in direct to customer fulfillment/e-commerce is a plus
· Candidate with good exposure to Inventory Management and Inbound, Outbound & reverse logistics function
Apply for the Job