Operations Manager, Recruiting Services
Operations Manager at Amazon play a crucial role in exceeding expectations and providing a superb customer experience; critical to Amazon’s success which is built on a foundation of customer obsession, and innovation. This position is a multi-faceted role requiring the ability to balance strategy and execution.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operations of our Recruiting team in Hyderabad, within our global HR shared services team. Responsibilities include people management and development, process, and meeting or exceeding the expectations and promise made to our customers. You will lead a dynamic team of managers to achieve operational excellence through coaching and mentoring the team; driving employee engagement, and building leadership bench strength within the team.
Strategic Responsibilities & Deliverables:
· Owns and delivers the operational budget for functional area, including, productivity, financial and labor planning, and operational goals for HR operations
· Responsible for providing strategic level/long-term planning (3, 6, and 12 months out) including labor planning, rate forecasting, and peak season planning
· Drives continuous improvement projects to optimize operations and improve productivity to meet and exceed business objectives; works on strategic projects that have total building and network-wide impact. Effectively leverages the team managers to solicit ideas and understand problems and challenges.
· Networks with other leaders across the HR shared services organization to solicit and share process improvements and drive efficiencies and cost savings.
· Establishes objectives and metrics for quality, productivity, and customer experience
· Sets clear goals and expectations for operations managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds leaders accountable.
· Mentors and develops leaders and staff.
· Participates in interviews to identify and evaluate associates and internal/external candidates for promotion and hire.
· Partners with various stakeholders to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives.
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
· Direct management experience in a shared services or customer service environment (Preferred Domain : Human Resource Shared Services)
· Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean methodologies
· Experience with the full staffing life cycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
· Degree in Operations, or related technical field; MBA or Master’s degree preferred
· Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situation
· Prior leadership development training or participation
· Track record of effectively leading an operation comprising a staff of at least 100
· Demonstrated ability to successfully develop others into higher levels of leadership in an organization
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Passionate about developing great people
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Wants to have fun at work
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
· Passion for invention; expects and requires innovation from team
· Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Thinks big and has convictions
· Thrives in an ambiguous work environment
· Commitment to operational excellence
Location: HyderabadApply for the Job