Software Development Engineer – Test
We are looking for a strong Software Development Engineer in Test to help us deliver high quality products with great efficiency. We need you to be self-driven, and solve problems for the long-term with innovative technical solutions. You will need to be able to work closely with other team members as well as offer technical leadership to the team on automation. You should have an in-depth knowledge of automation framework design, development, solid understanding of computer science principles, and excellent customer focus.
As an SDET, your responsibilities will include:
· Creating and designing automation frameworks that work across multiple devices and platforms
· Creating tests for new features and services in Fire TV products
· Building automated tests using existing tools and frameworks to expose defects in product code
· Working directly with Software Developers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers to ensure proper development and quality of our applications and platforms
· Ability to understand products requirements and develop the right strategy for automation focus for the best coverage and reliability for the time invested
· Innovating new tools that the team could utilize
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
· 5+ years of experience as a software developer or SDET
· Proficiency in, at least, one programming language C++, Java, or Python
· Experience developing high quality automation
· Ability to programmatically test the product; measure test coverage; develop automation, profiling, and performance/load testing tools; and drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
· Experience in automation development on Android applications for performance and stress tests.
· Experience with Android instrumentation and UI automation
· Experience with consumer electronic devices
· Experience with web services and REST APIs
· Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
Apply for the Job