Senior Software Development Engineer
We are are working on a high visibility project with strategic importance to Amazon in the cross-border eCommerce domain. We are seeking a self-motivated, innovative and result-oriented Senior Software Engineer to be a technical leader for the team that will own software systems and products for this initiative. In this project, we will tackle some of the cutting-edge problems of software architecture design in the eCommerce fulfillment and supply chain domain. You will be bring thought leadership to the table to transform the way global sellers from across the world can sell on multiple International Amazon marketplaces by easing their cross-border supply chain and logistics problems. You will be leading the team enabling them to solve complex problems, while building front end and backend services that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience. The ability to mentor and lead a team to build well-architected software within a positive team environment are key to the role.
If you are a self-starter, someone that approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity, and enjoys designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale, come join us!
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Educational background (e.g. Masters, PHD) in Computer Science
· Experience communicating directly with users, software development teams, or management in order to share plans/vision or collect data (e.g. requirements) to drive product improvement
· Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties
· Track record of interviewing & hiring top tier engineering talent
· Experience and/or a strong interest in AWS and/or cloud computing in general
· Experience building software solutions that leverage AWS services (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, EC2)